There are two ways to download your Genevo update. The first one (easier one) is to upload your config file and we'll take care of the rest. The second one is to manually fill in a form, where you need to know the type and a serial number of the device you want to update. You can switch easily between these two ways, via a link in a form description on the main page.
Config file upload
- Insert the flash drive into your device, turn it on and wait for about 30 seconds until it starts up.
- Remove a flash drive from your device.
- Click on the "find config file" button on the main page.
- Pick a config file from your flash-drive (GenevoStatus.txt).
- Click on the "upload and verify" button and wait until the process is done.
Filling in the information manually.
- In case you do not know your serial number.
- You can find it on an invoice, you have received upon buying.
- It is listed as the last item in your device menu.
- Remove the flash drive from your device and put it in your PC. Find a config file (GenevoStatus.txt).
Inside the config file, you can find a line starting with "S/N:", e.g. "S/N:12345", your serial number is 12345.
- Select an option for filling in the serial number on the main page.
- Select a type of your Genevo (if you are not sure, you can find it on our product list below) and fill in your serial number.
- Click on "Verify" and wait until the process is over.
Completing the update
When the process is over, a window with downloadable files will display. You can download the either individually or (an easier option) all in one .zip file. If you are downloading your files individually than it's no longer necessary to download the .zip file (it's marked in red). If you are downloading the entire archive, move it to the flash drive, unzip it and then delete the .zip file, for it's no longer necessary. In case you are downloading all the files individually, then you need to move them all on the flash drive of your device.
In case something is not clear, please watch our instructions video, where everything is shown, step by step, until the full update of your detector.
In case of any error, follow the instructions of the updater.
In case you failed to update your Genevo by following these instructions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.